There's a first for everything....



I truly enjoy blogging about our journey as parents and sharing all the pictures of our family with you...but most of all I hope that one day Kennedy and Presley will love reading this blog and cherish each memory I have tried to capture for them. Our girls bring us so much joy everyday!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Wine and Dine Disney Half Marathon November 10, 2012

Minus the WINE for me, haha!  This was a family affair and I am so proud of Matt, Missy, and Eric for completing their first half marathon.  It was such an awesome experience overall.  Eric even got to start the whole race on his bike before all the runners.  As we all stood WAY back in our corrals...we listened to the crowd countdown and cheer him on as he begun, so cool.  Then as Matt and I were running along on a divided road, we passed Eric going strong (so far ahead of us!)!  We couldn't stop smiling and it gave us more motivation to finish!  Speaking of finishing, I definitely believe in the power of the mind!  I did not get to train for this half like I needed to and on top of that I was 20 weeks pregnant.  It was hard on my body for sure but Matt stayed by my side (bathroom breaks and all!) and we finished in about 2 hours and 45 minutes!  Whoo hoo!  We only walked mile 10 too.  Missy came in right after us and she ran the whole time.  We were all proud and happy to be done!  Matt and I headed straight for the infimary to get ice and tylenol for our aching bodies, haha!  Soooooo....who is up for a race next year??  Not 13.1 miles though, I think I checked that off my bucket list!  :)  Oh and THANK YOU again to everyone who donated to LLS and supported my run.  I exceeded my goal of $1500 and it felt great to be running for such an awesome cause! WE DID IT!

 Rusty and I have this message board in the bathroom and this is what I woke up to race day, I love him :)  We have been so busy at the new house that he was unable to come to the race.  It was at 10 at night so he stayed with our little angel Kennedy and they cheered me on in their sleep, haha!
 
 Gearing up for the big race...this was after we fueled up on Olive Garden carbs!
 
The purple line is the race route...OMG!  But the fun part was running through the parks!
 

Landon and Todd came by to see us off...and try out Eric's sweet bike!

Eric is giving Baby G2 some love before the race :)

Not the best pic of Eric but I was trying to get a good shot of his bike.

Met up with my friend Jamie at the race...we were sportin' our LLS shirts!
 

Eric is all ready!

Missy and Eric before the race...there were no pictures taken after the race, you aren't missing anything great, haha!

We are ready! Kinda :)
 
This is just a shot that they took during the race.  It was cool because Matt and I were by eachother the whole time, such a great brother...looks like Matt is doing better than me at this point too!
 

Fuzzy because I was running while taking the picture but this was Hollywood Studios, my favorite part of the 13.1 run!  All lit up for Christmas!  Disney runs are definitely fun :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment