There's a first for everything....



I truly enjoy blogging about our journey as parents and sharing all the pictures of our family with you...but most of all I hope that one day Kennedy and Presley will love reading this blog and cherish each memory I have tried to capture for them. Our girls bring us so much joy everyday!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Jacksonville Gate River Run 2012

I think this was the hardest race I have run so far...a combo of not being in the shape I had hoped for, the fact that there were over 21,000 runners to share the road with, but mostly because of crossing the Hart Bridge at mile 8...it was killer with the windy weather and because I was already tired!  I am so glad I took on the challenge though, it was worth it when I crossed the finish line after 9.4 miles in 1:28 min and 17 seconds!  A great time for me!  Rusty, Kennedy, Gramps, and Uncle Bucci were there to support me.  My friend Heather also ran it and did awesome!  We had a great time overall...maybe this will be an annual run for me??  But in the meantime, what race can I sign up for next??!!  :) 

Just in case someone wants to cheer for me individually from the sidelines, my name is clearly shown??!!  haha

Kennedy patiently waiting for the race to start.  It was very windy and cool. 

Before the race...

And after!!! YAY!

"Yep, I'm proud of my Mommy!!"

Our little family <3  I couldn't and wouldn't be doing all the running I do if I didn't have Rusty's love and support.  He is my biggest fan, well besides Kennedy!  He even bought me new shoes at the Expo while I was running the race.  :)

Last one...she still loves to get in the Baby Bjorn...but it's getting a little heavy for me! 

It was a great day and I am so glad Kennedy gets to share in all our adventures now :)  Anyone in for next year??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment