There's a first for everything....



I truly enjoy blogging about our journey as parents and sharing all the pictures of our family with you...but most of all I hope that one day Kennedy and Presley will love reading this blog and cherish each memory I have tried to capture for them. Our girls bring us so much joy everyday!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Boone High School 5K...first race since I was pregnant!

It was such a fun race too and right across the street from our house!  All the proceeds went to the high school for student activities.  I think because there were so many high school students running, it inspired me to run the fastest I have yet, coming in a little over 26 minutes!  This mommy definitely had to catch her breath after!  There was a group of basketball players running in front of me passing the ball back and forth...as annoying as that was, I tried to keep up with them, haha!  Our friend Lana and her twin girls, Caroline and Christina ran too, it was the very first race!  They did awesome!  Kennedy was asleep when we got there but Rusty said she was bright eyed as soon as the runners left and they turned up the radio...she loves music!  She was waiting for me at the finish line and I was so happy to see her.  I can't wait to find a race that I can run with her in.  Next race on my list...Gate River Run in Jacksonville March 10th...9 miles and over 2 bridges...oh lord!

Before the race...I think I missed the joke :) 

Posting this pic because these are the boys that I stayed behind most of the race!  I passed them up once but they weren't having that for long!

Good Morning Sunshine!

Waiting for mommy at the finish line!

Clearly not interested in taking a picture with me!  It was the first race she's been to (she ran some already with me when I was pregnant) so I was trying to make the most of the memory!

My sweet angel...I LOVE her hair :)

This is how the twins felt about the race, haha!

Great race ladies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment